More to come - stay tuned
Publications analyzed in detail
|June 22nd, 2018
|| Five publications involved:
- A "well-hidden" structure revision: Hydantoins versus Diazepinediones
- A very questionable style of error-handling of an error which might happen to everybody
- Compare the excellent error-handling in the case of aglalactone as summarized in the row below
|June 16th, 2018
- The error shown in the first structure proposal is trivial to detect and can be avoided
- The correction is clearly marked as a structure revision
- Errors might happen - the style of error-handling is excellent
- The Title: "Corrected Structure of Aglalactone Isolated from Aglaia elaeagnoidea"
- The Summary: "The structure of aglalactone [...] was revised on the basis of 2D NMR data [...]"
|June 14th, 2018
|| Compound 8
- The signal at 53,27ppm given for the quaternary carbon of the tBu-group of the tert-butyldimethylsilyl protecting group is wrong.
- The expectation range is somewhere between 18 and 19 ppm.
- A more detailed look into the experimental part shows that the workup was done using a
CH2Cl2 - petroleum ether mixture.
- The signal of 53,27ppm can be explained by a trace of CH2Cl2 contained in the final product
|June 12th, 2018
Erratum available (Published 01-July-2018)
- Kiusianin A has a minor assignment error
- Kiusianin B seems to be correct
- Kiusianin C has to be revised - proposal given
- Kiusianin D has to be revised - proposal given